2012 brought a lot of opportunity for interesting stories here on StrategicallySavvy. So, what exactly caught the attention of our readers this year? We are excited to share our list of the top five most viewed posts from StrategicallySavvy
in 2012. We hope you enjoy them just as much the second time around!
1. Smartphones Migrating to Our Faces in Order to Survive – Smartphone technology is getting more advanced by the day. In a recent article from Business Insider, it is revealed that Microsoft recently filed patents that appear to compete with Google’s smartglasses called Google Glass. Will this technology soon replace smartphones? Check out our article to find out…
2. Seeing a lot of BLUE Lately? – Why do the “big three” social media networks all use blue in their branding? Check out our article to get a peek into the psychology of color in branding.
3. Social Networking for Business – With billions of users logging on to social networks, now is the time for businesses to develop a clear online presence. Check out our article to see how sites like LinkedIn can help companies conduct research, find new customers, and expand their business contacts and prospects.
4. Ambush Marketing at its Finest – Timing is Everything – How did Nike become one of the most visible brands in the 2012 London Summer Olympics without being an official sponsor? Read this to find out how timing is a game changer for today’s brands.
5. What is Killing U.S. Jobs? – The recurring theme in the 2012 State of the Union address was unemployment in the United States. What do we think killed jobs in the U.S.? Read more to find out.
We’ve had a great time sharing our thoughts and ideas with you in 2012. Tell us – what would you like to see from StrategicallySavvy in 2013?
It’s hard to believe that 2012 has already come to a close. It was a good year here at Imagine Growth Strategy. We had the opportunity to work with some of the most innovative emerging companies out there, and we enjoyed the chance to share our thoughts and ideas here on StrategicallySavvy.
It was an interesting year on blogs and in the news. Here are some of our favorite stories and blog posts of 2012:
1. The End of the Smartphone Era is Coming – Our most viewed blog post of 2012 was thanks to this article, outlining the new Google Glass and discussing the future of computers on your face (Microsoft is extensively researching this area of opportunity, in addition to others). Now we’re hearing rumors that Apple is looking at the possibility of building the iWatch. Its going to be very interesting to see what 2013 brings by way of these emerging new products.
3. For-Profit Colleges Spend Big on Online Advertising – It turns out Google’s biggest advertiser isn’t a bank or a major retailer… it’s University of Phoenix! Did you know?
4. A Look at Shark Tank’s Most Memorable Deals – We LOVE Shark Tank! Talk about a crash course in Venture Capital and Start-Up Investment. This article provides a peek at some of the most successful startup pitches on one of ABC’s most popular shows.
5. Your Table is Ready, Mr. Headsets.com – Would you change your last name? How about changing your last name for a company? Be honest, you probably would for the right amount of Kwan! Read how this crafty entrepreneur auctioned off his last name to HeadSetsDotCom for $45,000. Awesome!
7. The Can’t-Miss Social Media Trends for 2013 – Get ready for 2013! Here is a look at the biggest social media trends set to unfold in the year ahead.
Tell us, what were some of your favorite stories of 2012?
We look forward to what 2013 has in store, and wish you a successful, prosperous year both personally and professionally!